MatrixCloud Wireless Mobile Provider IPTV Solution
Complete End-to-End Deployment in Days
Deployed via MatrixStream Professional Services
MatrixCloud IPTV Over Wireless Mobile Network
Customer is a 4G LTE/WiMAX service provider that has over 100,000 subscribers. Customer would like to offer IPTV services to their existing customers. Traditional IPTV solutions on the market will not work out 4G due to instability of the wireless access and without QoS. However, subscribers of 4G is able to get very high broadband access speed. Below is a list of customer’s requirements:
- Number of Video Subscribers – Customer would like support 50,000 initial IPTV subscribers and add additional 25,000 per year in the next few years.
- HD Video – Customer would like to offer HD content to premium customers.
- Streaming Over the Internet – Customer would like to use the Internet as their video transport. Customer is not impressed with some of the existing video downloading services due to poor video quality and slow video loading. Customer would like a streaming solution over the Internet where subscribers can play a video as soon as they select it.
- View On TV or PC – Customer would like to give subscribers the option to watch videos on their large HDTV or on their PC.
- Live IPTV Channels – Customer would like to offer its subscribers 50 live TV channels over the 4G network.
- Expandable – Customer would like an IPTV system that’s fully scalable to support their current requirements and future growth.
- Remote software/firmware update – Customer would like a system that has minimal truck roll. They would like to remotely manage all the PC and STB clients.
- VOD Support – Live TV is not a requirement. Customer would like to put all 20,000 hours of video content onto their VOD servers for customers to pick and choose from.
- Viewing Ratio – Customer anticipates that at any given time, at least 10% of its subscribers will be watching videos simultaneously.
- Minimal Integration Cost – Customer does not have a large IT staff that can support a complicated IPTV deployment. Customer would like a system that will be easy to deploy, manage and support.
IPTV Requirement List
After reviewing the customer requirements, MatrixStream decided to recommend the following equipment list for deployment. Because MatrixStream’s MatrixCast IPTV solution is an end-to-end solution, customer does not have to spend months to integrate an IPTV solution from multiple vendors. The following a list of equipment required:
- 2 IMX M2200 IPTV middleware servers. 1 for management and another for redundancy.
- 50 IMX e4010 H.264 video encoders. 1 encoder for each live TV channel.
- 3 IMX i2410 live TV MatrixCast Streaming servers to support live TV streaming. 3 IMX i2410 can support up to 3,000 simultaneous SD streams. At the same time, each server can back up the other through N+1 clustering design.
- 3 IMX v2420 VOD MatrixCast Streaming servers to support VOD. 3 IMX v2420 can support up to 3,000 simultaneous SD streams. At the same time, each server can back up the other through N+1 clustering design.
- 50,000 MX 1 IP STBs – Fully able to support HD 1080p videos. Students can hook up MX 1 IP STB to their HDTV at home to watch class videos.
- Customized MX 1100 PC viewer with customer’s logo – PC clients will be made available to students for download off customer’s Website. Students can watch videos on their PCs.
- Customized MX 1101 Android viewer with customer’s logo – People with Android smart phones and tablets will be able to download customer’s own player right from Google Play store.
- Customized MX 1102 IOS Apple viewer with customer’s logo – People with Apple iPhones and iPads will be able to download customer’s own player right from Apple’s App store.