Full UltraHD 4K Support
Fast Channel Changing
Instant Video Loading
Digital Surround Sound
MX 1 UltraHD 4K IP Set Top Box
The MX 1 ultra HD 4K IP Set Top Box (STB) is designed for the ultimate home theater experience. MX 1 is designed to support highest quality HD videos on the largest HDTV. The STB comes with full support for ultra HD 4K videos and 5.1 digital multichannel sound. The STB also allows users to view Ultra HD and DVD quality videos right from their IP network. Simply plug in the STB to the IP network and home theater system, and the full functionality of IPTV is ready to access.
In addition to support its own IP STBs, MatrixStream is open to port its IP STB software to any existing IP STB provided the STB meets MatrixStream specifications. Please contact us if you need more information on porting MatrixStream STB software to other existing STB platform.
MX 1 Set Top Box Features and Advantages
Instant HD Streaming, Network PVR, Channel Changing, Fast Forward, Rewind and Pause Videos Over the Internet
MatrixStream’s MX 1 viewers will have total control over their IPTV experience using MatrixStream’s MatrixCast streaming system. Viewers can experience 3D video viewing in SD, HD, and Ultra HD 4K, instant TV channel changing and video loading. For live TV viewing, MX 1 can support unlimited number of live channels complete with support for MatrixCloud DVR functions. For digital VOD experience, viewers can experience DVD like features such as pause, fast forward and rewind videos at multiple speeds. In addition, viewers have the ability to access unlimited number of
videos stored on MatrixCloud video servers.
Complete Digital Media Home Access with Full Home Theater Experience
The MX 1 Ultra HD 4K IP set top box is designed to deliver the highest quality of digital home theater experience right over the Internet. MX 1 viewers can experience HD videos along with 5.1 multichannel digital sound. In addition to complete access to MatrixCast servers.
Complete End-to-End Video Security
MX1 fully supports complete end-to-end video encryption and security. Videos are protected against unauthorized access. IPTV operators can rest easy that only viewers with the proper rights can view videos.
Easy to Install and Maintain
MX 1 is designed to allow operators to save on deployment cost. Customer can simply plug MX3 into the HDMI port on the HDTV, network cable into the Ethernet or via connect via wireless-N, and plug in the power supply. Set up is easy and totally automated. New customers can be up and running literally in minutes. Customers can easily update firmware via the network as it becomes available.
- Internet Streaming – Works over any broadband IP network. MatrixCast Streaming is designed to work over the Internet where there might be network traffic surges and congestions. Traditional streaming won’t work over the Internet and will only work over private IP networks with QoS.
- Super Fast Channel Changing – MX 3 provides ultra low latency and fast channel changing (~500ms) by using MatrixStream’s Matrixcast technology.
- Nano Form Factor – MX 3 set top box is small enough it can fit into the palm of your hand.
- Video On Demand (VOD) – Delivers on-demand DVD- and HDTV-quality videos to TVs over the Internet using advanced mpeg 4 codecs such as MPEG4 Part 10 and H.264.
- Time Shift/NPVR Option – MX 3 fully supports time shift and network PVR option.
- IPV6 Support – MX 3 supports IPV6 and IPV4.
- HD 1080p Video Streaming – MX 3 is MatrixStream’s latest IP STB that can support videos up to High Definition (HD) 720P, 1080i and 1080P formats. MX 3 currently supports most advanced video codecs such as H.264/MPEG 4 Part 10. MX 3 can support streaming videos right over the Internet.
- IP Multicast Support – MX 3 H.264 HD set top box will work in IP multicast network or unicast. Over the Internet, MX 3 uses MatrixCast Video Transport to deliver high quality videos at low bitrate.
- Conditional Access – Each Set Top Box (STB) is authenticated via IP, user ID and password.
- Customizable Electronic Program Guide – Create a custom viewing experience by selecting videos from a variety of viewing categories to suit personal tastes.
- HDTV HDMI Output and Optical Digital Surround Sound Output (S/PDIF) – Enjoy a high quality digital HDTV video and digital surround sound home theater experience.
- Optional Network Connectivity – Supports 200Mb powerline, coax, RJ 11, or wireless output for a variety of network connectivity scenarios. Available only for large quantity orders with additional custom engineering fee.
- Multi-room support – Viewers can have multiple STBs connected to different TVs in the same house. One central STB can act as the digital media server for the home, while other STBs stream live off the same server. This enables viewers to download videos for the entire family, and play each video on separate TVs simultaneously in the same household.
- Automatic Software Updates – The MX 3 Set Top Box has a built-in software update feature that automatically keeps the MX 3 Set Top Box up-to-date with the latest software features. The MX 3 Set Top Box also features a built-in help guide to provide initial support to subscribers.
- Premium Tier-1 Content – MX 1 is certified to provide tier-1 premium content due to its end-to-end MatrixCrypt content security.
- Anti-Piracy Security (APS) – All videos are encrypted end-to-end and safeguarded by the IMX security system, incorporating features such as user authentication, IP tracking and video deletion. Service providers can control the length of the viewing period (on a per-view or multiple view basis) via pre-defined business rules and set the viewing expiration period. APS Fully protected against video piracy by using condition access (CA) and MatrixCrypt(TM) DRM technologies with 128bit AES Encryption and SSL.
- Embedded System Design – MX 1 is powered by embedded software that provides commercial grade security for IPTV providers. It comes with full DRM and Conditional Access support.
- High Realibility – MX 1 is designed for commercial deployment.
- Easy Maintenance – No truck roll. The STB can be managed and controlled remotely by the IPTV service provider. Firmware and DRM can also be updated remotely without user intervention.
- Smart Targeted AD System (STAS) – STAS allows targeted video ad insertion that is anti-skippble. IPTV providers can target ad based on each individual user’s profile and demographic even when many users are watching the same video.
- Bandwidth Saving Mode (BSM) Protection – BSM automatically times out a video stream after a preset time limit to avoid users accidentally leave the stream running 24 hours a day when they are not watching.
The MatrixStream MX 1 HD set top box comes with the following accessories:
- MX 1 HD set top box
- Regular remote (premium remote extra)
- Power supply
- HDMI cable
- A/V RCA media cable with mini plug
Depending on the quantity ordered, the MX 1 Ultra HD 4K set top box can be customized to your specifications. Below are some customization that can be done:
- Box color – currently MX 1 only comes in silver/black color as shown in the pictures.
- Remote – can be regular or premium.
- Custom logo – MX 1 can be ordered with your logo on the top of the unit.
- Packaging – MX 1 packaging can be ordered with your logo.