IMX M2200 Middleware Server
Brain of the MatrixStream IPTV System
IPTV Deployment Central Command
Cloud-based IPTV Ecosystem
IMX M2200 IPTV Middleware Server
MatrixStream M2200 middlware server is the brain behind MatrixCloud IPTV ecosystem. Working together with other MatrixStream servers, the M2200 middleware server manages users, viewing rights, TV packages, and much more.
- IMX M2200 is the “brain” of the IPTV solution
- IMX M2200 is designed to manage IMX i2410/X1i live TV MatrixCast Streaming servers and IMX v2420/X1v VOD MatrixCast Streaming servers
- Video management server design to manage IPTV VOD viewers and videos
- Each server is capable of managing up to 50,000 viewers with unlimited user support via N+1 clustering
- Manages live streams from IMX e4090 video processors.
- Next Generation IMX Video On Demand (VOD) Technology – Works with any broadband network. The IMX platform automatically works over any “best effort” broadband network without any loss of video quality during viewing.
- Internet HD Streaming Support – The IMX MatrixCast Streaming system is designed to work over the Internet.
- WIMAX Support – The IMX VOD system can deliver videos efficiently over IP networks such as WIMAX without QoS or guaranteed bandwidth.
- External Storage Support – Fully capable of interfacing with an external SAN (Storage Area Network) or RAID storage farm for video storage.
- Unlimited User Support – All service provider servers can expand linearly in an N+1 cluster.
- Personalized EPG (Electronic Program Guide) – Viewers can create their own customized Electronic Program Guide to suit their individual tastes.
- Conditional Access – Allows management of all TV Set Top Box (STB) and PC players.
- Full Backend Web-Based VOD Management -Allows management of all VOD content, including videos, channels, users, ads, previews, reports.
- Multilingual Compatibility – All STB/PC/Backend management has multilingual support (including Japanese or Chinese).
- OSD/VCR Functionality – The MX 1 IP STB has a full On-Screen Display (OSD) to support VCR functions such as fast forward, rewind, stop, pause, and a DVD-like chapter menu.
- Autoprovisioning Capability – Both the STB and PC have auto-provisioning capabilities for automatic user setup.
- Remote Software/Firmware Update – The STB/PC has remote software/firmware update capability to minimize truck rolls.
- Parental Controls – Parental controls are available that allow you to create password-based locks for adult-oriented programming.
- Advanced Video Codec Support – The system can easily support existing and future advanced video codecs using MatrixStream’s patented MatrixCast streaming platform.
- Multiple Ethernet ports for performance and redundancy
- Fully integrated with MatrixStream nDVR and VOD storage solution
- Supports up to 50,000 users per server with N+1 unlimited scalability
- Supports MatrixCast streaming for SD, HD 720p, HD 1080i, HD 1080p, and Ultra HD 4K
- N+1 clustering for redundancy and expandability
- Dual power supplies for maximum uptime
- User management
- Live TV and VOD content management
- Ad insertion management
- User conditional access
- User statistic tracking
- Multilingual support
- Web-based management
Content and Security
The IMX solution solves the online piracy problem by creating an easy method to protect and securely distribute digital content on the internet. The IMX solution provides sophisticated reporting and tracking so content providers can develop a one-to-one relationship with their user base. Features include:
- Multi-layer Security
- Authentication and AES encryption
- Built-in MatrixCrypt DRM support
- Membership security with no duplicate logins
Usage and Billing
The IMX Backend management system provides complete control of video content, subscriber data, and business rules. The controls include:
- Sophisticated web browser management
- Video content, delivery, and security management
- Advertising management
- Report and data mining
- Membership and third party billing integration