The Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission recently released financial information on IPTV services in Canada.
- The revenues of cable and IPTV service providers increased by a combined 3 per cent from $6.3 billion in 2013 to $6.5 billion in 2014
- Number of subscribers at 8.8 Million
- Growth was mainly fueled by IPTV, which added 29% more subscribers over the period
- IPTV revenue increased by 39%
- Subscription and revenue of cable service providers decreased by 5.2% and 3.2%
- Satellite television providers saw revenues decrease by 2.4% to $2.4 Billion. Number of subscribers for satellite dropped by 4.9% to just under 2.6 million.
The trend is clear, IPTV is gaining ground in Canada and is the future. We at MatrixStream really believe IPTV is the future. We believed back in 2004 when we started — which was long before Youtube or Netflix streaming — and we still believe the vision today.
Contact us for more information on our complete OTT IPTV solution streaming to multiple devices.